We’re wondering if you would like to become a volunteer with the Ray County Women’s Resource Center, a pregnancy help center. The goal of this Center is to help women facing an unplanned pregnancy who are full of doubt, worried about whether to continue the pregnancy or just need assistance.
There are many families who need someone in their life to help them succeed and just a few hours a day is all we need to help them achieve healthy outcomes.
We are also in need of some nurses to report to our Nurse Manager. Ideally, the volunteer nurse would work 3-5 hours per week carrying out the pro-life mission of our center. Qualifications would be:
- a Christian committed to the pro-life movement’
- strong dedication to the sanctity of all human life
- commitment and dedication to sexual purity
- willing to uphold the Statement of Faith, Statement of Principles and the policies of the center
- must possess a current nursing license
- be certified to provide limited obstetrical ultrasounds
Responsibilities to include:
- review of client record
- perform limited ultrasounds
- document clinical findings, observations, and medical care in client record
- meet with client after exam for pregnancy counseling, education and referrals
- provide client follow up
- ensure that medical equipment is probably operated and maintained
Their continuing education would be to comply with state and professional requirements, annual recertification of CPR and review of center policies and procedures.
The Center is open Monday through Wednesday from 10:00a – 4:00p. Thursday’s we are open 12:00p – 6p and Friday’s 10:00a – 4:00p. The Center operates year round with the exception of being closed for the holidays. Would any of these days fit in your schedule, would you consider volunteering with us?
If you can’t make a weekly commitment, you can donate your skills by helping on a committee. I know the Center needs volunteers who will support technology, help build web pages and write newsletters, or who will help organize events like our annual banquet, the trap shoot or the year end dinner.
The services we provide (free pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, referrals, diapers, etc. have been so well received that we are planning to expand our hours of operation to Saturdays and later in the evenings. But, this means that we need to recruit more volunteers to get the work done. Would you be willing to come in for a few hours a week?
You can read about what we offer, why we do what we do and volunteer opportunities offered by the Ray County Women’s Resource Center by visiting rcwomensresource.org.
If you would like more information on volunteering, call 816-520-7828. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RayCounWomensResourceCenter.